Monday, December 15, 2008

Further weekend update

I’ve already posted about how fabulous Friday night was. Achilles = most awesome. But yesterday he topped himself. So when I go out with Achilles, I just tell my parents I’m going elsewhere – I’m going to Darcy’s house, I’m going to Summer’s house, I’m hanging out with Lilo – whatever the case may be. I’m afraid I’m going to slip one day and say I’m going somewhere and then when I get home, I’ll say something else or one of my friends would slip (no fault of theirs though). I decided I had to introduce them to Achilles so I could say that I was going out with him – which would be the truth. He agreed to come and get me from my house – we went to see a movie yesterday afternoon and ended up getting dinner. I brought it up kinda casually. I told my mom I was going to a movie and my friend Achilles was coming to get me. She asked where I knew him from (okay, I made up a lie about that). She asked if where he worked, what kind of car he drove, how old he is (“I don’t know,” I said. “Maybe in his late twenties or early thirties?”) and then, the most important of all questions: was he taller than me?! And yes, he is. That was good enough for her. My mom was really nice to him when he came in, I showed him the giant Christmas tree (we put it up yesterday morning) and we were on our way.

Dinner was a blast – though it shouldn’t have been. We went to this classy burger place in SoNo that’s so excellent. On Sunday nights, some douchebage named PJ is there, playing his acoustic guitar. While we were trying to eat. Did I mention that the kitchen lost our order, so we were sitting there FOREVER waiting for food and the D-bag was playing and I almost lost my shit? I mean, I didn’t care that we waited, I like spending time with Achilles, but FUCK, I was hungry. Our food showed up, we started eating…and then the PJ (known now as the Peege) started playing a song…about playing songs at the burger place. There was a fire of rage in Achilles’ eyes. I snapped at him “ACHILLES! FOCUS! FOOD! EAT YOUR BURGER!” and he came back to reality. But god, Peege – why did you do that? It was terrible. Achilles and I then realized that we got along so well because we hate all the same people! It was at that point that calling someone Peege became an insult. Since then, I’ve been calling him Peege and he’s been telling me that I’ve given him the Peege and it’s taken on a life of its own. And that is fantastic. It’s just one more reason that I like him. He’s awesome.

After dinner (which was on the burger joint for FORGETTING us and making us listen to Peege), he brought me back to my house. I fed him cookies (I was on a baking craze) and introduced him to my dad and my brother, W. My dad didn’t say much of anything, but that was to be expected. I had slipped on Achilles last week to W, so I think he wanted to meet him. My mom was trying to get W to come upstairs from the basement without saying “come upstairs and meet Carrie’s friend”, which was great fun. W is actually going to be doing me a huge favor by keeping an ear out for me and listening to what my parents have to say about Achilles. My mom kind of gave me the 3rd degree before I went to bed last night – where did we go to dinner, who paid for dinner (it was me. The tab was $7. AMAZING), where did he live, etc. She then decided that he was very nice and quiet (HA. NO) and that was that.

This morning she came downstairs and asked me if I was going to be seeing him again. I said that I think we had plans for this weekend and then he’s going to Cincinnati (which is true) and won’t be back until New Years (also true). I think she’s trying to figure out if we’re dating, but I’m not giving her enough information to go on. At least now I can say that I’m going out with him or going to his place when I actually do, which makes my life even better.

My mom just asked me if I heard from my friend. I asked her which friend and she said "you know..ACHILLES?!" and I told her that yes, I did in fact hear from him. And yes, we would be hanging out again. Oh mom, you're so clueless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOSH! I love your mom! That's hilarious..."How's your 'friend'?" I cannot believe how excited she is for you! It's excellent! Revel in it while it lasts!

:) Yeah, but we really need to get Summer and my stories straight about Achilles for when we run into your mom again. :)

~Darcy

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that everything worked out!

Christa