Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Haha!

After a long break, I'm back trying on Match.com again. Today I got this message from "koolsteve"
am a good guy with a good head on my shoulders. I'm an artist and a creative person. I'm a big guy so if that bothers you I'm probably not the guy for you...but I'm active and go to the gym now so I'm only getting better from here and a former athlete. I work as a graphic designer, and make art in my free time. I hope to pursue a Masters degree. I'm very serious about art and making a good future for myself and making myself better in every way of my life. I have a twin brother who is my best friend. No we don't read each others minds. We're identical but you can tell us apart easily he has longer hair and a beard, we're both artists. I love music and film. I mostly listen to alternative and hard rock music but can pick something I like from every genre. I like to watch sports. I'm a big WWE Fan and I like football. I can get into any sport that's a good match.

As far as what I'm looking for...I just want a nice girl to love me for me. I'm really not picky on appearance, I'm an artist I can find beauty in anything. I want someone I can grow with and have something meaningful. loyalty and trust are very important to me. Someone loving, caring and affectionate is someone i can mesh with very well. I'm an affectionate guy and want a girl that can make me feel loved...I'm a pretty open minded guy. I'm not really a party person anymore. I'm trying to settle down my life. I want someone I can travel with to go on a cruise with and explore the world with. I think relationships are about experiencing things and sharing. I want someone constant someone who will always be there for me. Someone who wants to see me all the time because of who I am not what I can offer or what I look like. I'm def ready to stop dating and be in a long lasting relationship.


Before you ask, I didn't edit that at all. He just sent me that form letter with no other way of introduction. No "wow, you seem interesting" or "man, I would love to get to know you". Nope, he just jumps right in and tells me ALL ABOUT HIM. Also, how many times could he tell me that he was an artist? I get it buddy, you like art. I also like art, but not artists. I went to an art school and I know art stars. Please don't be one. And for someone that is so into art, you would think that he would have some sort of picture up in his profile. But no, he doesn't. Furthermore, how many people do you know that honestly think that twins can read each others minds? When someone says "I have a twin", I would say "wow, that's pretty neat" and move on. I would not ask about their ESP skillz. This guy wants to make sure that I know that his brother has a beard and long hair and NOT ESP. Awesome. Maybe he has ESPN?

F- for you, KoolSteve. I'm moving on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In theory, shouldn't all that information be in a profile? So that he messages you w/ some sort of (at least semi-)personalized message and then you go read the profile to find out more? In theory? :)

~Darcy