Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Updating, sorta

So, I know I've been bad and lazy about updating. I just have been busy with things in my life and haven't had time to go online and fuck around with people's heads. It seems hard to believe, but I tell you now, it's true.

I hung out with Trogdor again. I'm really not sure where I stand with him. He's a really nice person and kind of cute and just a good guy. I can't shake the feeling that there's some HUGE underlying reason that he's single and looking for the ladiez on the internets. I shouldn't talk, but still. Does anyone know what I mean? It's a thought that plagues my brain a lot when I have downtime at work. He's going to go out with me and some friends next weekend. We're going to a bar to see this band play. I told him to come and to bring some of his friends and it should be a good time. I expect to be shitty ass drunk, so really...where's the down side? I told him that one of the creepy guys from below (the one that doesn't know English cause he's a fucking MORON) sometimes goes to the bar that we are going to see the band at. The guy from below (from now on, I'm calling him Butt Ugly. That's what he is) really isn't a threat, but you know, he might try to talk to me if we're at the bar. So I was saying that to Trogdor and he said that he would protect me from this guy. Not that I'm rooting for Butt Ugly or anything, but if it came down to some form of fight between Butt Ugly and Trogdor...Butt Ugly would totally win. Trogdor just isn't that threatening.

Regardless, I got a little annoyed. What is it with every guy and wanting to save me or protect me? I don't need to be saved. If it's late at night and I'm camping, yes, I need to be protected. If I'm in a bar with my girls, I don't need anyone trying to save me. I can save myself. I get really annoyed when guys try to insert themselves into situations that don't exist for the sole reason of being manly. I'm guessing this guy won't even be there. I don't need Trogdor to fill that role in my life. As one of my male friends pointed out, I totally killed his idea of being my knight in shining armor, but I don’t much care. I don’t want to be around anyone that feels they have to save me. When I need help, I’ll tell someone. How annoying!

That’s about all there is to say about what’s going on. I don’t know whether to expect Ryan to be at the bar too. I did just kind of drop him. It amused me. He knows the name of the band that we want to see and I’m sure he could figure out when they were playing again. Only time will tell. If I’m lucky, I’ll be too drunk to remember any part of that night.

No comments: