Thursday, March 20, 2008

I spoke too soon!

Ryan emailed me yesterday afternoon asking if he needed to send out a search party. I should just go somewhere where he can't find me. I don't know where that would be. Crap, now I am going to have to have the awkward "you're not for me, so please forget I exist" conversation. It's just that I have nothing in common really with Ryan...and he's fucking old. Can't forget that important part.

I was talking to my aunt about guys last night and she felt (she's 35) that I really should be looking in the 25-30 year old range. I believe her and it's not like I am going to take her word as law...but saying that, Ryan is just 4 years too old for me. Maybe I can set him up with my aunt. Oh my god, how weird would that be? "Sorry Ryan, you're not cut out for me...but here's my aunt, she's about the right age for you!" No. None of that.

So now I will spend the rest of the day hoping he doesn't email me back and trying to figure out a nice way to tell him that I'm just not that into him. I can't say "it's not you, it's me"...mostly because it is him. It's totally him. At first I thought I was interested, but then I realized there was nothing there beyond the idea of someone. Really, that's not a basis for anything.

So back to working and thinking about how I am going to tell some guy to just forget I even exist. I can break up with him now. I'm trying to remember what Footweiner said....

No comments: