Friday, March 28, 2008

Things I need

Since it's kind of a slow day at work, I decided to make a list of all the things that I don't want in a guy and things that are okay. I'm that bored. Please add if you feel the need.

I'm going to come off badly at this point, but really...I think everyone knows what kind of person I am. I'm not normally a bitch, but there are just some things I really won't compromise on.

- Cannot play World of Warcraft. No. No. That's not happening again. Video games are fine, as long as they don't take over your life.
- Can't have any sort of subtance abuse problem (I could maybe be seen as having a drinking problem, but it's only on the weekends. And with my friends. So not really a problem)
- Needs to have their shit in order. I don't need to be anyone's mom. Seriously.
- Needs to have a college degree - seems snotty to say, but my dad doesn't have one and it causes a lot of fights between my parents. Not cool.
- Not a lot of emotional baggage. I don't need to be compared to dead girlfriends or something. Or your baby's momma.
- Needs to be mostly literate. Or at least know what a book is. Or know words that have more than 5 letters
- Needs to get the somewhat weird references I make sometimes. So, that probably boils down to being in tune with pop culture.
- No freaky ass tattoos. That's just weird
- Liking sports is okay. Telling me that I can't talk when the game is on and to "get me another beer" is not okay.
- Needs to have read Harry Potter. Do I have to explain any further?
- Needs to get music. Or at least listen to music. Or know what music is. And also be able to name a band/singer/group/musical genre that they like.
- Let me have time with my girls. Don't try to stop it.
- Don't hold anything I may say when totally drunk against me. I don't know what I say, please don't remind me
- Needs to understand that I have some other boyfriends in my life: Sam Adams, Yuengling, Oliver, Vic Makey from The Shield...they will come first sometimes
- My BFF is a guy. I don't want him. I don't want to sleep with him. He will cut you if you hurt me
- Balls of steel - my family is bat shit insane. Need to be able to deal with that.
- Don't try to stick it in my butt. I know what's going on. That won't be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Haiku:

Bad news for you, friend:
Joel McHale is married--
Sorry. From Lilo.