Wednesday, July 9, 2008

So confused

Last night, I was online. Bootcamp Boyfriend IM'd me. He's apparently in Kentucky, on his way back to upstate NY. We talked for a bit about nothing really, just about what he's going to do when he gets back home and so on and so forth. As he's signing off, he goes "love you, bye." I had no answer to that. What the hell am I supposed to say to that?!

I know that I've told friends of mine that I loved them when I signed off, even if we weren't that kind of friend because I was signing off in a hurry and I told someone else that. I know I've told ex-boyfriends that as a force of habit. It's like talking to someone you used to love. When you're ending the phone conversation, you want to say "I love you" because that's how it used to end. But that's not how our lives are now. We're not in love. And even though I might not even love him in a friendly sort of way, I still care. And there he is, telling me "love you". He might not even realized he did that.

Or he might have realized and done it just to make me all confused. Things I'm not going to do: let him know that he got to me. Cause he did get to me. When (but the bigger question being if), he talks to me again, I'm not going to bring it up. Maybe he will. Maybe he'll do it again. Maybe he won't. I really have no idea. I just know that he got me alllllllllll sorts of confused, like an asshole. Like he is.

On the Radio Flyer front, I texted him on Monday night and said something along the lines of "so what's the plan on Friday?" I thought that was a kind of flirty way to accept his offer to go out on Friday night. He responds by saying "we are going to go out". Yes, I know that. I KNOW THAT. At that point, I was kind of annoyed by him because he didn't get it. Of course, I know I'm the one being dumb, but seriously guy. SERIOUSLY. I haven't talked to him since then.

I thought there was some other boy annoyance I had to blog about. Now I realize that I don't have any.

No comments: