Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Things I've realized

- I’ve realized that I can be picky with what sorts of guys I talk to and what sorts of guys I kiss. I didn’t know that for a while, but now I get it. Otherwise, I would still be all wrapped up in the first guy that I met. I think that was Footweiner McLovin’, but I could be wrong

- I’m cute. It took me a long time to get here, but if some guy sees a picture of me with my fascinating bio and wants to talk to me, I gotta have something going for me

- My hair is awesome. End of story.

- I don’t have to settle. I don’t. There are things that I will compromise on, but I don’t have to accept what comes my way. I can kick boys to the curb whenever I want

- I can take boys home from bars. No need to do that anymore. Unless he’s really hot. Then it’s okay.

- I don’t NEED a guy in my life. I’ve been single for over a year now and it’s kind of fun. Granted, when everyone I know is getting married or is engaged or is in some form of functional relationship, it’s a bummer. But I’ll find someone.

- There are so many fucking creeps on the internets. I already knew this, but this online dating thing has proven it. I don’t talk about sex to people I really don’t know. I’ll talk about sex to my friends, whether they are people that I’ve known for years or just some online friends I have. I really don’t mind. But if you’re some weird man on the net, I’m not going to tell you I like it in the butt (mostly cause I don’t. That’s an overshare, sorry)

- I finally have my life in some sort of order now, so I can truly be with someone and not have it take over my life. I hope. We’ll see, I suppose

- I’m not one of those girls that can wake up every day and throw on makeup and wear heels and exist as a total girly girl. For a while, I would attempt to do that. Now if I meet a guy, I’ll put on some makeup, sure. But if we’re doing something not makeup worthy, I’ll be in jeans and a t-shirt. That’s the way I am normally. I’m done changing myself to make someone else happy. My happiness matters more than some douchebag guy’s happiness.

- Guys either get my family and become accepted by them or they don’t. My family, however much I don’t like it sometimes, is a part of my life. There are lots of family members to impress. You need to make all of them like you, not just some of them.

- I’m fucking awesome. I’m so awesome. I don’t need a guy to tell me that cause I’ve figured it out myself. And if a guy decides he doesn’t like me, it’s his loss. It’s no fault of mine that he can’t figure out how fucking amazing and generally perfect I am. He can shove it.

No comments: