Thursday, June 5, 2008

Guest Blogger!

This is Summer.

Carrie has graciously allowed me to guest blog…because even though I’m
married, it doesn’t mean I don’t encounter my fair share of creeps.

Actually this post is about one of my closest co-worker friends, who is
anything but a creep. Although he exhibited some creep-like qualities when
we were going for a quick walk around the mall at lunch the other day.

We will call him Hampshire, because his family has a vacation home in New
Hampshire. (I’m not as witty as Carrie with the boy pseudonyms)

So Hampshire and I were strolling around Barnes and Noble the other day and
all of a sudden he asks when the husband and I are going to have kids.

Excuse me???

I mean, he was at my wedding and everything, but still. It really is no one
else’s business. And no matter how close I am with a co-worker, I don’t
think I’d ask them anything like that!

I’m 23. Kids are the LAST thing on my mind. I don’t even like kids. (don’t
hate me for it!). I’m assuming my “maternal instinct” will kick in at some
point and I will want kids, but at the moment, no thanks.

When I said as much, he kind of wouldn’t drop the subject and kept saying
things like “really?” or “why not?”

Are you kidding me? I mean, Hampshire was kind of joking around and it was
all pretty light hearted, but still.

Creepy.

Just because a girl is married doesn’t mean she is ready or wanting to drop
everything to get pregnant…actually I am terrified of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time I think about getting pregnant and squeezing out a kid it makes me physically sick. I was a nanny, and the noise volume+all of your alone time=hell on a pedestal, motherhood is not something I am looking forward to right now