Thursday, June 5, 2008

Realized something

This morning, I was doing my normal "dance around my room in my underpants" moment. I had my ipod on and it was playing some playlist that I picked at random. After about 2 songs, I realized which playlist it was. It was the playlist of a mix CD I made in college and gave to a guy. The guy was an engineer (and that's what I am going to call him) and he had a girlfriend. No, wait. He was engaged. And he did not like his girlfriend. At all.

So I made the Engineer this CD and pretty much all the songs said "get rid of your girlfriend and hook up with me". Wow. I almost was "THAT GIRL". I wasn't. I wised up/wasn't interesting to the Engineer before it went too far. I was just thinking this morning of how sleezy that would make me. Granted, he wasn't happy, but it wasn't my job to make him break up with her. In the end, Engineer was just too needy and didn't have a personality beyond the one that he formed with The Girlfriend. Also, Engineer and The Girlfriend have since broken up and moved on.

The Girlfriend is still in upstate NY and she has a new boyfriend and seems happy. The Engineer is in Boston and has a horse-faced girlfriend. He's not happy. He sent me a message the other day on Google chat telling me how much he wished that he hooked up with girls in college and how different that would have made him. He almost hooked up with me several times. Then he almost hooked up with two of my other friends. Then when I returned to my college for the spring weekend after I graduated, I found him wandering the streets holding hands with another girl. And that girl was totally ugly. And annoying.

I can't believe that I would have sunken that low to steal someone else's boyfriend. I didn't, but it almost was a reality. Glad I'm done with that...

No comments: