Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

If one more person asked me today what I was going to do for Valentine's Day, I was going to scream. I'm doing exactly this. I went to work, I came home, I went to the gym and now I'm broken. End of story.

Not what this post is about though. Darcy's fun friend that liked to be put in a scissor hold also sent me a message. When I accepted the message, I did not know that he was the creepy creep that contacted Darcy. He started out by saying that I am tall. I already know this. Then he said that I had long legs. Yet again, something I already know. Then he told me that he liked to wrestle and at that point, I realized that I had somewhere very important to be. I just logged on to the site and he was on again and trying to send me messages. I don't think so, buddy.

There's another guy that got really like, angry at me last night for not accepting his instant message. I've talked to him a few times and he's like, needy and overeager or something. And I have a feeling that he's not the kind of person that I would actually want to spend time with, but I didn't know that until I talked to him a couple of times. Last night, this guy...let's call him Sam, he kept on trying to contact me. And on the POF website, the instant message comes up in its own window. I have the google toolbar, so it kept on blocking the pop-up. I'm not even kidding, the pop up kept on trying to come up like, 25 times. So finally, I just said no, which I didn't really want to do. Then he sent me a note and it was like "why didn't you answer, bitch?" That's why. Seriously dude, I don't have to drop everything to talk to you. And moreover, the reaction he had to me not wanting to talk to him once is like...not okay. Perhaps he was joking, I can give him that. The tone that it came across in the message though...not good.

And then there's this 3rd guy...he bothers me. He also keeps on trying to message me and I really don't want to talk to him. He is interested in the more full-figured ladiez. If he likes that sort of thing, that's great. I'm not claiming that I'm skinny and hot. I don't, however, want to be put in that category, regardless of how true it is. Don't come talking to me because I have an ass. That is not my goal in life. I have a personality, which I think is mostly better than my ass. Also, his profile picture is like, him in the middle of Iraq in his solider get-up with a massive gun. Most certianly not sexy in any way. I don't find guns hot. And you can't even see him underneath all his shit that he has on. Scary, that's what that is.

I've talked to some people that aren't all bad and I wanted to mention that. There's this guy Brad that lives not too far from me that I've talked to a few times. He's smart and funny and a good person. I enjoy talking to him but he doesn't know what he really wants, so it's hard. I also talked to this guy Craig that shares a lot of musical interests with me. He also is rather funny and I think he knows how to take a joke, which I find important. We talked about music for a long time last night, so long that I was up until the early hours of the morning, which I didn't need to do! It's nice to have an actual conversation with someone about something.

The most annoying/fun part of POF is this feature that they have that lets you see who has viewed your profile. It's bad news. You can just keep on refresing the page and see who has been looking at you. Sometimes you can find some interesting people through that, but sometimes it's just really weird creepy people. You want to look at their profile to see who they are, but at the same time, you don't because then they will know that you looked at them. It's a tricky and slippery slope, I would have to say. It's hard to not look. It's a little struggle I have everytime I see that someone new has looked at me. It's like, some fucked up hobby I have or something. Darcy does it too, so I don't feel so bad.

No comments: